Photos and stories about my expat experience in China, currently in Bejing.
See more pictures on:
My Rebubble site

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New stuff

I spent the whole week buying new stuff for the apartment. It is amazing how many things we 'need' to survive(rice cooker, water boiler, DVD player, rug for the bedroom...) Anyways, after a couple of day trips to IKEA, Carrefour and the bird & flower market, we're just about settled in our new place in Beijing.

This is our new friend 'xiao pengyou' - he doesn't have a name yet. He is only one month old and eats and sleeps all day. These birds are great fun. Soon he'll be guarding our new place against burglars..
I've been carrying my half PC all across China (I only took the expensive parts with me, such as processor, HD and the screen) so now finally it found a place. In a big computer market I bought a new box and some parts to fix him right up again.
The couch (already being used by our visiting friend from Shanghai to sleep on)
The kitchen is now full of pots & pans, all kinds of knives and assorted cutlery, Chinese sauces and lots of chili peppers of course.
Our bedroom has a lot of light, and a great view over the streets below (we're on the 17th floor)
East view
West view
Westward view from the living room
At 18:00 it's already dark, and the view changes completely

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eindelijk gesetteld.
Veel geluk in jullie nieuwe woning.

Ineke en martin