Photos and stories about my expat experience in China, currently in Bejing.
See more pictures on:
My Rebubble site

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Some impressions

At last! Some photos. These are some impressions of the past two weeks I spent in the South of China and North of Vietnam.
The heavily guarded Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in Hanoi
No cameras, talking or bad manners are tolerated inside.
Working the land, near Ninh binh, Vietnam
The mysterious scenery of Ninh Binh
Monkey research and breeding centre near Ninh Binh
Making incense on the banks of the Red river in Hanoi, note the breakdancing kids in the background
Ethnic minorities in Sapa, North Vietnam

A street seller in Hanoi stopping for a quick Bia Ho'i (draught beer)
Somewhere on the road near Lijiang, South of China
2 Mosou women in a small village near Lijiang

Read carefully: "Food massage"
I took one and couldn't walk for several hours! No I'm kidding, it was quite enjoyable and lasted for over an hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoi bram,

Mooie fotos!!!!!

The trip looks awesome, somehow I would also like to do it. (Queiro hacer lo cuando tengo tiempo. Pero cero que necessito por lo menos 6 meses si queiro viajar en China en Viename)Even though I am Chinese, there are still so many places I would like to visit. My next trip will be in 2008 to Tibet for 1-2 month. Hope it can come true.

I just spent my christmas and new year holiday in spain. Was also very nice! Now I am back to my little room and have to study a lot! Jammer.

When are you heading "home" ? hehe... See you soon

hugs

Sue