Photos and stories about my expat experience in China, currently in Bejing.
See more pictures on:
My Rebubble site

Friday, November 03, 2006

On to Wuhan

This is the Bell-Tower, seen from the hostel I'm in now.


Over een uurtje vertrek ik naar Wuhan. Ik heb eigenlijk geen idee wat er in Wuhan te doen is, maar het is een hele grote stad en ligt op de route naar het westen.

Drie dagen in Xi' an zijn snel gegaan. Het terracotta leger, wat ongeveer 15 km buiten de stad ligt, was wel apart, maar eigenlijk minder indrukwekkend dan ik had gehoopt. Eromheen hadden ze een enorm commercieel complex gebouwd, dat de sfeer een beetje verpestte.



Gister hebben we met zn 4en fietsen gehuurd en zijn we over de stadsmuren van Xi' an gefietst. Wat een lol. De muren zijn nog intact (gerestoreerd) en je kan helemaal rond fietsen (13.7 km). 's Avonds heerlijk gegeten voor 0,40 Euro in de moslim wijk.

Mijn trein duurt 15 uur en kostte iets meer dan 20 Euro. Ik kom aan om 5:45 en moet dan op zoek naar de universiteitscampus, waar iemand woont die ik Shanghai heb ontmoet. Hij zei dat ik bij hem kon overnachten. Ik zie wel hoe het loopt.

------------



In about an hour I'll leave the hostel and take the train to Wuhan, which is located pretty central in China, and on the Yangze River. I don't really know too much about it, but it is on my route going West.

The last few days in Xi' an went quickly. I visited the terracotta army, which was quite ok, but not as impressive as I had hoped. They had built a huge commercial centre around it, which kind of ruined the atmosphere.

Yesterday we rented bicycles and drove around the city walls of Xi' an. You can ride all the way around them (13.7km) and it was fun. In the evening we had an awesome meal for 0,40 Euro in the muslim quarter.

My train will take 15 hours, and I'll arrive at 5:45 AM. I am going to try to find my way to the university campus and meet up with some one I have met in Shanghai, who studies there.

No comments: